Monday, September 24, 2007

Same O Same O

Today was kind of weird for me in the fact that things are kind of winding down. Spoke with my bosses boss today. He has been very supportive of me going home and can see the value in going home. Nice to have that support from the stand point that he could have made it difficult for me and he didn't.
Met a very interesting fellow from England today. He was the actual first Darth Vader in the movie Star Wars!!!! Big guy. Competed many times in the Mr. Universe competitions. Very nice. Don't get opportunities like that every day!
Packed a little more. Even though I am getting a lot of support from my bosses I feel like there are many who a really upset that I have come to know quite well. They are not very pleased that I am leaving. Some have gone to the extent to, in a joking manner, give me the silent treatment. Any and all who talk to me are considered enemies of the state as they put it and mocked for there betrayal. It is all in fun, but I wonder sometimes if I had more to do here with those of my friends that were not members of the church!
Jordan and I have come to be very good friends and I feel that I will miss him the most. We carpooled today and have continued to keep track of how many Subaru Outbacks we can find. In the past 3 months we have counted over 750 sitings with the longest chain of Outbacks being 7 in a row waiting for a light. Also, on our twisted and ever bored state we have come to know that at any time, you can sit on the corner of 500 south and 700 east and see no less than 6 Outbacks in the time it would take you to wait for a light to change and walk across the street. Stupid stuff that we have to love and enjoy about Utah!
Well that is all for tonight. I am calling it an early night. Long day. - Steven

2 comments:

Justin said...

Did Darth Vader hold out his hand a choke you using the dark side of the force. I think that would be really cool. Ok not cool but what an experience, huh!

S.Miles said...

Enough about all this packing/thinking crap. JUST GET HERE ALREADY!!! By the way- you are writing exceptionally well for a newbloggie. It's times like what you are feeling right now that Kody would call Scunny. (scarey and fun at the same time) He hung around Cali and Macey who are the inventors of "Sxcited" pronounced s-kite-ed. (Scared and excited) Which when I think about it- suites your situation a little better. Go with Sxcited. Good stuff Steven...blog on.